Do you know what questions to ask when looking for a Pool Contractor? We, here at Bauer Pools, want you to have the tools you need to make the best decision when choosing a contractor to work on your backyard pool. Below is a list of questions that we recommend you ask any pool contractor, prior to signing a contract or service agreement.
10 questions to ask before you sign with a Pool Contractor!
1. Is your Pool Contractor an Accredited member of the BBB?
2. Are they a member of the APSP? (Association of Pool & Spa Professionals) www.apsp.org
3. Ask your Contractor for references from prior jobs. Would a previous customer recommend this Pool Contractor to build your pool?
4. Do they have any testimonials? This will give you a better understanding about the process previous customers had to say about their experiences.
5. Do they have a contract? Do they require payments throughout the project and how many?
6. Are they insured?
7. Do they obtain permits? (This is requirement.)
8. Do they give you a time line for building and for completion of job?
9. Do they provide a pool operating guidelines? If not why? You should know how to operator the equipment.
10. What about service and who do I call if a problem arises? Warranty of the pool and for what length of time.
Your overall experience should be rewarding by the end of the building process not a nightmare. By asking the contractor these 10 questions this should lead you to enjoy your pool for many years.
The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals (APSP) is the world's largest international trade association representing the swimming pool, spa and hot tub industry. APSP’s mission is ensuring consumer safety and enhancing the business success of its members. Members adhere to a code of business ethics and share a commitment to public health and safety in the use of pools, spas and hot tubs. APSP member companies include manufacturers, distributors, manufacturers' agents, designers, builders, installers, retailers, and service professionals. Please browse through the website to see our full range of services, resources, and professional development opportunities.